CONFESSION TIME: I was always the calm one. The one who could get things done, no matter the crisis.
I know I come across like that. I think I have done all my life. It was one of the ‘qualities’ that I was regularly praised for in my corporate life.
BUT the honest truth is:
- I sometimes feel anxious.
- I sometimes feel stressed.
- I don’t have it all worked out.
And that veneer of calm was – frankly – fake. At least, it was a lot of the time.
I honestly didn’t realise this until recently.
My ability to appear in control even in the midst of a crisis, tricked even me. I fell for it, hook, line and sinker.
However, with everything that’s happened in the last however-long-it-is, I’ve been able to take a deeper look.
And what I’ve discovered is
- I have probably experienced anxiety since I was a little kid.
- I still experience anxiety now.
Let me tell you, it’s been quite the revelation.
Luckily, I’ve been training for this without even realising it!
- Yoga has an amazing array of tools that help with anxiety and stress (hint: doing super-advanced, bendy poses is not one of the tools)
- I’ve been employing them all a lot more in the last wee while.
- And BOY can I tell you, they really work!
So, you can expect to see more content from me about the role that yoga, meditation, mindfulness and relaxation skills can play in reducing the symptoms and effects of stress and anxiety.
Because it really works!
I look forward to sharing more of my journey with you…