But it wasn’t working. After 14 years, I was feeling trapped in the corporate world. I was tired, aching, stressed, worried I wasn’t good enough. Year after year, I covered up all my perceived imperfections behind a smiling mask of confidence and competence. I could see I was on a path to becoming unwell, but I had no idea what to do about it.
My osteopath had been recommending yoga for years, to help with the aches and the pains, but not being flexible or sporty in the slightest (I was consistently “last-picked girl” for all the sports teams at school!) I refused point-blank to try it.
But eventually, I took her advice and tried my first ever yoga class. Within a matter of weeks, I’d lost the tension in my neck and jaw, and noticed an immediate improvement in other physical symptoms. I was elated, and started to take more classes.
Fast-forward just one year after my first class and I’d quit my job and set up my own business! How’s that for transformational?!
I spent a few years freelancing, and used that freedom to explore yoga more and more deeply. I discovered the slower, gentler styles of yoga and learned that these were just as valid as the more famous stronger or faster styles, and that if anything, they are much more effective at healing the body, calming the nervous system and helping to nurture the inner fabulousness that’s inside all of us.
And now? Less than a decade after my first tentative steps into a yoga class, I’m running successful programs, courses and retreats – here in Paradise and also online – helping hundreds of other stressed-out professionals around the world to find the freedom that yoga had given me.
And this is exactly what I want to share with you!
I want to share with you that you do not even need to do a yoga pose to start to rediscover your zest for life. That something as simple as a big sigh out can transform you from a place of stress to a place of zen in just a few moments. With me, you will learn how to sigh out so deeply that all your worries melt away. You will learn how to breathe in all the energy and vitality you’ll ever need. You’ll learn how to interrupt your hyped-up, stressed-out, end-of-your-tether nervous system so that your jaw softens and your shoulders drop away from your ears. I want to share with you that once you learn how to make these transformations in your body, you can also begin to transform the rest of your life!
I want to share with you that yoga is really a philosophy, a set of guiding principles, set down thousands of years ago to help us live better lives. That the ultimate goal of yoga is actually shavasana (you know, that nice lying down bit that you do at the end of the class!).
So if you are anxious and stressed out…
If you are ready to drop the guilt and discover that you are already way more than enough just as you are…
And if you are finally ready to reclaim your inner fabulousness and zest for life…
Then I can’t wait to start working with you, step-by-step, day-by-day, to help you rediscover that bright shining star that you really are!
My Qualifications and Teachers
- Yoga Teacher Training (350 hrs) with Fabio Fabbri and Yolande Hyde (2015)
- Advanced Sequencing (3 hrs) with Mark O’Brien (2016)
- Level 1 Yin Yoga Teacher Training (100 hours) with Mysan Sidbo (2016)
- Level 2 Yin Yoga Teacher Training (100 hours) with Mysan Sidbo (2017)
- Trauma Aware Yoga Teacher Training (7 hours) with Annabel McLisky and Shirley Hicks (2018)
- Trauma Sensitive Professional Development (9 hours) with Shirley Hicks (2019)
- Intro to Adaptive Yoga with Matthew Sanford (15 hours) (2021)
- Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga (32 hours) with Claire Cuneen (2022)
- Chair Yin Yoga (10 hours) with Michelle Finch (2022)
My teachings are also inspired by attending many, many classes with Melinda Rushe, Bernie Clark and Paul Grilley.
- I taught over 500 hours of hatha and yin classes at Guringai Yoga Shala, Mona Vale, NSW, between 2016 and 2019, under the supervision of Fabio Fabbri.
- During this period, I also taught a variety of corporate classes, including at Blackmores, Roche and Freeview.
- I opened my own studio at home in 2018. Since then, I’ve taught over 1200 hours of classes and workshops, both in person and online.
- I have taught people of all flexibility and mobility levels, with all sorts of injuries and challenges. For example: Traumatic Brain Injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease, Arthritis, Cancer, Anxiety, Grief, PTSD, broken arms, dislocated shoulders, joint reconstructions, whiplash, vestibular and sensory-motor challenges including vertigo, ballroom dancing injuries (yes!) and lots lots more.