If you’re ready to learn the secrets of living, working and loving vibrantly, free from the pressure of being defined by your job, your bank account and the expectations of others (and yourself!) then join me in tropical Far North Queensland for this unforgettable rainforest yoga retreat!
Sunday 2nd – Saturday 8th June 2024
Immersed in the sights, sounds and smells of the tropical rainforest, you smile on the inside and out..
You’re sitting back to relax on the balcony of your secluded eco-cabin, watching a friarbird hop along the branch of the paperbark tree just a metre away.
You’ve spent the day completely absorbed in your surroundings: a private nature reserve, nestled between two UNESCO World Heritage sites – the Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics Rainforest.
You’ve meandered along the private beach, been mesmerised by Australia’s only coconut tour, and marveled at the giant nests of the orange-footed scrub fowl.
You take a deep breath. Finally, you are here. An entire week of rejuvenation, relaxation and transformation. Just for you.
That’s right, a whole week just for you, in the beautiful surroundings of Thala Beach Nature Reserve in Queensland’s Tropical North, the perfect place to spend a week:
- Mastering transformational mindfulness techniques that will help you to unshackle yourself from the pressures of daily life
- Cultivating a strong sense of self-compassion to help you to confidently evolve into the vibrant authentic being that you really are and away from a person defined by roles, titles and history
- Developing trust in yourself – a trust that will have you dropping the guilt and finally believing that you’re already more than enough for the important people in your life
- Delving into yin yoga practices that will allow you to uncover deep, innate reserves of joy and contentment, accessible at any time, and ready to be shared with the world!
- Revelling in your newfound ability to tap into your intuition, learning how to trust that your intuition will guide you to exactly where you need to be
PLUS you’ll get a whole toolkit of practical techniques and strategies to apply to your day-to-day life when you’re back home.
Yes. This is YOUR time. Your time to shine.
This unmissable and one-of-a-kind retreat was designed with you in mind, to combine a deeply transformational experience with a life – expanding travel opportunity that will stay with you for a lifetime.
There is something special about the laid-back atmosphere of tropical North Queensland that will instantly calm and ground you. Away from the never-ending chaos of the daily grind, surrounded by nature, you will be feeling full of life in no time at all.
PLUS, you’ll walk away with:
- A simple yet profound technique that will help you to answer any burning question at any time
- Tips and tricks to keep you on track in those moments where you feel you might be sliding back into old habits
- A new level of inner confidence, poise and grace that will allow the beaming and radiant version of you to shine
- A deep appreciation for the power of yoga to help you live, love, work and flourish in ways you only dreamed of before
AND a newfound capacity for practising love, gratitude and kindness to yourself, allowing you to be liberated from ingrained ideas about your identity and to confidently reveal the unique, exceptional and glorious person within.
And let’s not forget, we’ll also be soaking up the winter sun and enjoying the very best that Tropical North Queensland has to offer!
Mmmm. Yes, please!
Nestled between two UNESCO World Heritage sites – the Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics Rainforest – Thala Beach Nature Reserve is a location like no other.
Occupying 145 acres, on a private headland between Cairns and Port Douglas, it has achieved the highest level of Advanced Eco Certification, and is a member of the National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World (one of only five in Australia).
We’ll be spending six fabulous nights in the stunning surrounds of Thala Beach Nature Reserve.
Thala is an immersive experience, featuring timber eco-bungalows (single and twin-share available) positioned within the forest, an award-winning restaurant with panoramic ocean views, a private-access beach and two freshwater freeform swimming pools, our venue has everything you could want – and more!
You’ll experience stargazing, a Coconut Odyssey, bird, butterfly and nature walks and a talk by local indigenous elders.
That’s all before we head out explore the fascinating Daintree Rainforest, as well as a very special Farewell Degustation at a divine Port Douglas restaurant.
There is no place on earth like Queensland. Fringed by reef and enveloped by rainforest, the world’s warmest welcome is waiting for you.
I'm ready for a slice of heaven!
Picture this: You’re perched in the treetops, gazing out at the panoramic views of coast and rainforest. You take a deep breath in and out, and pinch yourself – can you really be here?
Let me assure you, YES you are! You are dining at Osprey’s, literally in the treetops at Thala Beach. You are surrounded by nature, the gentle breeze on your skin and the winter sun warming your heart.
The best is yet to come, though, because the food at Osprey’s is scrumptiously delicious. Not only that – it’s perfect for both carnivores, herbivores, flexitarians, and everyone else!
The menu features local and seasonal ingredients, and all meals are created by in-house Head Chef, Graeme Miles. A heavy emphasis is placed on ethically sourcing ingredients direct from local areas such as the Atherton Tablelands and the Coral Sea.
And if you prefer not to eat this or that, or you’re dairy/gluten/something-else-free, no worries, Graeme will look after you.
The breakfasts feature all your favourites, and will satisfy you whatever mood you’re in. We’ll also enjoy four dinners at Osprey’s, especially designed by Graeme for our group, as well as a gourmet picnic at a special location within the grounds of Thala.
There will be one free evening, where you can choose to dine in-house or shuttle into Port Douglas to try one of the famous restaurants there. (I recently tried a new restaurant there, and will be recommending it to you for your free night!)
And if that’s not enough, on our last night together we’ll enjoy a 5-course degustation at the iconic Nautilus Restaurant – a unique outdoor dining experience set amidst a tropical oasis.
Nautilus is a Port Douglas establishment, serving the local community for over 60 years, and also playing host to the likes of Sir Laurence Olivier, Bill and Hillary Clinton, David Bowie, Gough Whitlam and Paul Hogan.
These delights, and more, await you at our once-in-a-lifetime rainforest retreat.
No trip to this special part of the world would be complete without immersing ourselves in the Daintree Rainforest, the world’s oldest rainforest.
Get ready to swim, snorkel, float and wander through the rainforest; step into the cool crystal-clear waters of the Mossman River; and maybe even spot water dragons, turtles or platypus!
This private tour is the perfect way to stay cool in the tropics, this trip encompasses all the best of the rainforest into one afternoon.
(Croc Alert: It’s worth mentioning – we won’t be going anywhere near crocs! This tour takes place in croc-free country. Plus, the water in this area is too clear, too cold (16-22°C) and too shaded for crocodiles who use the sun and water to keep their body temperature at 30-33°C.)
Back at base, we will explore Thala’s many nature and wildlife secrets. Our first evening will see us gazing up to the stars at the unique outdoor observatory and with the help of powerful telescopes.
We’ll go on Australia’s only Coconut Odyssey, to learn everything there is to know about coconuts.
We’ll be guided through 145 acres of native flora, uncovering little known bird and butterfly facts. An early start to hear the first chorus of Thala’s birds in full song is a wonderful way to welcome a new day!
And yes, you will have plenty of free time (around four or five hours on most days). You have a return transfer to Port Douglas included, so you can spend a time wandering the shops and restaurants at your leisure. You also have four free lunchtimes and one free dinner, to dine and relax wherever you like.
In your free time, you may prefer to stay at Thala, perhaps relaxing even more at Rejuvenate, Thala’s own massage studio.
You may wander through the native forest, dip your toes into one of the freeform pools or walk barefoot along the 2kms of private access sandy beaches. Thala also has a network of marked walking trails through native forest, palm groves and its very own coconut plantation. You may spot wallabies at sunset, or monitor lizards hiding out on the forest floor.
In short, your time at Thala will be peppered with delights, and the memories will last a lifetime.
Wow, I can't wait!!!
So, what’s really in store for you if you spend five delightful days (and six nights) masterminding your future happiness AND enjoying yourself on an exquisitely divine adventure to Far North Queensland?
- What if you learned a proven way to accept yourself just the way you are, flaws and all?
- And what if you found a simple way to relax into your own identity, without worrying about what anyone else thought?
- Imagine learning a proven technique to connect you with your intuition to resolve any problem, even those that have bothered you for years, in just 30 minutes!
- And on top of all that, what would it mean to you if discovered the freedom to flourish and the confidence to shine – to finally release your true inner being to the world?
Would that be worth coming to tropical Queensland for? Exactly!
- Learn the secrets of loving kindness meditations, that will have you looking at difficult people and difficult situations in a whole new light
- Uncover the power of silence to help you build inner strength and resilience
- And explore my most favourite deep relaxation exercise, designed to access your deepest brainwaves, allowing you to rest and restore like never before.
You’ll leave Thala Beach with:
- A regular mindfulness practice that will keep you on an even keel in even the most challenging situations
- The skills to confidently create a flourishing life, for now and for ever
- The belief that you really are more than enough; no, you’re top-notch, fabulous and absolutely perfect just the way you are
- A mind-blowing technique to help you answer any question you have on any topic!
And I’ll answer all your questions on:
- How to incorporate yoga into your daily life
- How to be kinder and more self-compassionate to yourself, without feeling as though you’re being selfish
- How to trust your intuition and why it’s so damn important!
- Strategies to keep you from sliding back into old habits
Why should you join me?
Far North Queensland
Perfect one day, beautiful the next – that’s what they say about Queensland, and boy, how right they are!
We’ll be visiting in winter, when daytime temperatures average 23 degrees. So expect plenty of sunshine and beautiful warm seas. It’s also the dry season, with refreshing sea breezes and relatively low humidity.
Plus, this is NOT stinger season! Between November and May (subject to seasonal variability) it’s generally advised to stay out of the ocean, due to the risk of marine stingers.
Evening temps drop to around 17 degrees, so it’s advisable to bring a jumper or light jacket, and maybe a pair of long pants to keep any slight chill at bay.
Our destination is around 45 minutes north of Cairns, and 10 minutes south of Port Douglas. Airport transfers are included in the price, as well as a return shuttle bus transfer into Port Douglas for you to explore the town at your leisure.
I'd love to go to Tropical North Queensland!
- Six nights’ boutique accommodation – spacious tropical bungalows at Thala Beach Nature Reserve (single and twin-share rooms available)
- Six delicious buffet breakfasts at Osprey’s Restaurant, Thala’s restaurant in the treetops
- One picnic lunch in the grounds
- Four delicious dinners at Osprey’s, including a very special Welcome Dinner
- Sumptuous Farewell Dinner, featuring a five-course degustation, at Nautilus Restaurant, a tropical oasis in Port Douglas (includes return transfer)
- A half-day immersion in the Daintree Rainforest
- Return airport transfers
- One return transfer to Port Douglas by mini-bus (to be used when you like in any of the free time)
- 14 yoga classes (no, you don’t have to come to all of them!)
- Four deep-dive transformational sessions + lots of juicy conversations all week
- Forest Bathing
- One life-changing Vision Walk (bring a burning question and be ready to get it answered!)
- Guided nature and bird walks
- A unique Coconut Odyssey (Australia’s only coconut tour!)
- One Aboriginal Talk
- One guided Star Gazing experience
- Unlimited self-guided walks around 58ha of beachfront native forest
- Tons of free time (up to 5 hours per day)
- Farewell Circle
What’s Not Included
- Your round-trip airfare from home
- Four lunches and one dinner are not included (feel free to eat at Thala, or use your included return transfer to eat in Port Douglas)
- Beverages, sides and additional meal items are not included, and will be charged directly to you / your room
- Other non-included items such as spa services, taxis, additional outings, snacks
- Travel Insurance
Arrivals: Arrive at Cairns (CNS) International Airport on Sunday 2nd June 2024 before 2pm. This will allow enough time for any flight delays, plus your transfer from the airport. We want you to be well settled before our official Welcome Circle late on Sunday afternoon.
Each person will be allocated their own private airport transfer, unless you advise us that you are arriving together with someone else and are happy to share the transfer.
Departures: Our time together will finish at around midday on Saturday 8th June 2024. We recommend booking a flight home no earlier than 3pm.
If you want to come earlier or stay later, please contact Johan Klindt at Thala Beach and he will be happy to organise additional nights’ accommodation for you, at your expense.
Your Host ~ Claire Lane
Hey there, I’m Claire – your guide to living your most fabulous life.
Up until my thirties, I thought I was doing everything right. I had a degree, I’d travelled, I was working and making good money. I had a great social life, and had even become a step-mum to two wonderful kids.
But it wasn’t working. I felt trapped. I was tired, aching, stressed, worried I wasn’t good enough. I could see I was on a path to becoming unwell, but I had no idea what to do about it.
In desperation, and after a lot of resistance, I took up yoga. Within weeks, I’d lost the tension in my neck and jaw. I began to notice other benefits – more energy, less stress. My confidence improved, and I stopped second-guessing all my decisions. Suffice to say – I was hooked.
Fast-forward just one year after my first class and I’d quit my job and set up my own business! How’s that for transformational?!
Less than a decade later, I’m running successful programs, courses and retreats helping hundreds of other stressed-out professionals to reclaim their own inner fabulousness and zest for life! Why not join me, and transform your own life?
Questions regarding this trip? Please send a message and I will reply as soon as I can. 🙂